Let’s look at the famous and high-quality Spanish medicines for Allergy immunotherapy (AIT). It will be about INMUNOTEK products for AIT: Oraltek, Alxoid, Diater; and immunostimulants Bactek, Uromune.
In Russia, possibly due to the import substitution policy for allergy sufferers, there is a difficult situation with affordable medicines for AIT.
In our market, the most popular drugs for AIT are Russian-made products – MicroGen, Kazakh – Antipollin and French – Stallergenes.
I am not a doctor, therefore I can not explain the reluctance of many allergologists with whom we consulted to use Russian-made drugs for AIT. All of them preferred to prescribe imported drugs for immunotherapy.
When I chose the drug for Allergy immunotherapy to my child, an Israeli doctor said they use French Stallergenes and Spanish Oraltek and Diater
Moreover, for the treatment of reactions to herbs (ragweed), he definitely recommended the Spanish manufacturer. The Spaniards, in his opinion, have the best medicines for the treatment of herbs and mold, but with birch you can play around and choose 🙂
For the treatment of allergies to birch trees, we chose sublingual drops of Staloral by Stallergenes, as our allergist has more experience in treating this drug and, without any problems, could be acquired in our pharmacies.
Unfortunately, Spanish medicines for AIT, which are considered one of the best in the world and are actively prescribed by allergists in Europe, USA, China, Australia (and other countries), are completely not represented on the Russian market.
Nevertheless, many Russian doctors use Spanish drugs in their practice, delivering medicines for patients on their own.
Perhaps the situation will soon change, because now immunostimulating drugs from Inmunotek – Bactec and Uromune (for the treatment of chronic diseases) are licensed in Russia. I will write more about these medicines below.
In Spain, allergens for AIT are produced according to GMP standards (this is a strict system of norms, rules and guidelines regarding the production of medicines), while they are not subject to certification in the domestic Spanish market.
Another feature of the Spanish medical market is the compensation of the cost of AIT in the amount of 40-45% due to medical insurance. Government officials have estimated that it is more beneficial to have immunotherapy and partially pay for it than to pay patients for life-long asthma treatment.
The first manufacturer to appear on the Spanish market with drugs for AIT was Inmunotek.
Inmunotek was founded in 1992 by Dr. Jose Luis Subiza, professor of allergology and immunology. The plant exports its products to Europe, Latin America, Southeast Asia, Australia, China, the USA and the CIS countries. According to company representatives, Inmunotek pays great attention to safety research.
- Sublingual (sublingual) spray with pineapple flavor, great for children.
- It is possible to mix and make complex mixtures from different groups of allergens, for example ticks and herbs in one bottle.
- The drug can be taken for children from 2 years old.
- A big plus of the drug, the absence of Phenol, as a preservative.
- Shelf life 3 years.
The assortment of allergens used by manufacturers is usually standard:
- A mixture of ticks (D.farinae, D.pteronyssinus) 50% / 50%.
- A mixture of spring trees (Birch, Alder, Ash, Hazel).
- Birch tree.
- A mixture of herbs (6 herbs – a woolly hedgehog, a team hedgehog, perennial ryegrass, meadow timothy grass, meadow bluegrass, meadow fescue).
- A mixture of 4 cereals (oats, barley, wheat, rye).
- A mixture of Ambrosia, Wormwood.
- Alternaria Alternata.
- Alternaria and Kladosporium.
- Alternaria and Aspergillus.
- Alternaria and Penicillium.
- Alternaria, Kladosporium, Aspergillus, Penicillium.
- Alternaria, Cladosporium, Aspergillus.
- Timofeevka, Ambrosia.
- Timothy, Wormwood, Ambrosia.
Monoallergens and a mixture of allergens for subcutaneous administration.
- It is possible to carry out immunotherapy with enhanced continuation of ALXOID, Clustek, Clustek Max drugs – this is an effective injection method. Connecting Clustek, Clustek Max significantly reduces the time of taking ALXOID, which is very convenient, and allows you to start an effective therapy close to the beginning of flowering, for example, pollen of spring trees.
- It is carried out under the strict supervision of a doctor.
- According to the manufacturer, ALXOID preparations have undergone thorough pre and post clinical trials in thousands of patients and have shown high efficiency and safety. Adverse reactions were noted in patients extremely rarely.
The young company Diater Laboratoriors specializes in the production of drugs for the diagnosis and specific immunotherapy (AIT) of allergic diseases.
- The company produces both sublingual sprays and injections.
- A sublingual spray with a sweet taste that kids really like.
- The injection form is represented by only 2 types of drugs – ticks and herbs.
- It is possible to mix several allergens in one bottle (PHOTO).
- Some allergists consider Diater’s Ambrosia allergen to be the best today.
Dater sublingual preparations are available in boxes with an initial and supporting course.
In a box with an initial course of 2 bottles: yellow bottle (C) – 3 ml, which is designed for a dosage set according to the instructions, that is, the supply of medicine in it is minimal; red bottle (D) with a maintenance dosage. Supportive dosage – one click. The medicine is recommended to be maintained in the mouth for a minute before being swallowed. You can eat after 30 minutes.
- Birch tree;
- a mixture of spring trees (birch, alder, hazel, ash);
- a mixture of herbs (timothy, hedgehog, chaff, ryegrass);
- peritoneum (parietaria);
- wormwood and sunflower;
- dust mites;
- mold (alternaria, cladosporium, aspergillus, penicillium, each species can be individually, or individually, any combination)
- This is an immunostimulant drug that is designed to prevent upper respiratory tract diseases and chronic inflammatory diseases of the middle ear.
- The medicine uses a combination of killed bacteria, thanks to which a stable immunity is developed to pathogenic (pathogenic) bacteria in the nasopharynx.
- The drug is used as an addition to the main therapy, in case of illness and for its prevention.
- Not prescribed for children under 2 years of age.
The medicine contains gamma-negative bacteria:
- Staphylococcus aureus (15%) – Stuffylococcus aureus.
- Staphylococcus epidermidis (15%) – epidermal staphylococcus.
- Staphylococcus pneumoniae (60%) – pneumococcus.
- Klebsiella pneumoniae (4%) – is the causative agent of a rare and very dangerous form of pneumonia.
- Moraxella catarrhalis is a type of microorganism that most often causes otitis media, sinusitis in children and exacerbation of bronchitis in adults.
- Haemophilus influenza (3%) – Afanasyev-Pfeiffer’s stick, which affects mainly the respiratory system.
- Burning, itching, swelling in the oral cavity.
- Gastrointestinal anxiety.
- In rare cases, shortness of breath, and skin allergic reactions.
Uromune is a special combination of dead bacteria, thanks to which a stable immunity to pathogenic (pathogenic) bacteria of the genitourinary system is developed.
The drug is used for chronic diseases of the genitourinary system, when antibiotics are powerless.
The composition of the medicine:
- Enterococcus faecalis (25%) – Enterococcus fecal.
- Klebsiella pneumonia (25%) – the bacterium causes inflammatory processes in the respiratory, digestive and genitourinary systems.
- Eschericha coli (25%) – E. coli, which causes pain during urination and frequent urge.
- Proteus vulgaris (25%) is a bacterium that often causes various inflammation of the genitourinary tract.
- Vomiting, nausea, diarrhea.
Skin rash, allergic reactions.